Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weaning the vent


Sorry I have not updated in a few days it has been crazy to say the least. It is hard to blog when all 8 other kids are home. We are patiently waiting for 2 babies to be born in this family. My Niece is being induced today and sometime later we will welcome Josephine May into the family. Meghan is due 2-2 but I think Lily is waiting to be born on grandmas birthday. Yes Sunday 2/1 is my birthday. Wow 32 and I feel so old already.


Soli is doing well. she is floating around the 3 lb mark. As of yesterday her Co2 levals were finally in the 40s so they are slowly weaning down the vent. She has been at the vents highest settings (60 Breaths per minute) for over a week and we were afraid that if her Co2 levals did not come down she might have to go on the jet vent. The jet vent is a high frequency vent. I guess she overheard me and Margie talking about that and decided to start behaving. As of last ishe was down to 51 RPM and 45% O2.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad she is making progress. I think of you and Soli often. Sending lots of prayers as always!

sheree said...

well that's GREAT!

More pics, more pics!

alyssa said...

Hi! just ran across your blog & wanted to encourage you. I had a preemie (1lb 15oz). It was a long road, but he pulled through & is PERFECT now! I posted a blog...hope this helps! The link is Noah

Waves of Victory said...

Glad she's doing better and able to be weaned down some. The jet vent is a scary machine. My daughter was on and off of the jet for 2 months. Before you know it she'll be back on a nasal cannula.

Rachel