Monday, February 23, 2009

BIG UPDATES

Well I have been slacking lately. Sorry. I am trying to find the delicate balance between all the kids and where I need to be. I need a duplicator so I can be everywhere at once. Plus this week has been trying. OK the updates: Angel Girl has been on High Humidity Nasal Cannula since last Tuesday and doing great! Yes she was off bubbles when I posted my last post. She is now 5 pounds as of yesterday. After our fight with her Dr, She is nippling and ate the entire bottle at both nipplings yesterday! She is still on 3L of O2 at 35% but we are not even trying to wean that down yet. The good news is that the Dr said that if she gets all her feeds down that he will send her home on O2 if that is all that is keeping her there. I think I am just getting tired of the NICU. It has been 10 1/2 weeks and I just want Soli to be mine and not "property of Sutter Memorial" That is what my last post was referring to. I have been feeling more this week like they think she is theirs not mine and I was growing increasingly frustrated. We did have a meeting with the NICU director and her Dr and have come up with a care plan for her and so far so good. She is being Cloth diapered and is nippling 2 times a day. By Tue or wed we should be nippling every other feeding and a few days after that we will go to nippling as tolerated. I can finally see an end to this nightmarish NICU stay.

5 comments:

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

i do hope the end is near!! sooner rather than later! hurray for soli for hitting 5 lbs! that is great news!

2blessed2stress said...

Whooo hoooo Way go Grow Soli! Dani I dont know how you do everything you do.... i have four and they keep me hopin! So is there an est date for when she comes home/???? I'm so excited for you all!

Anonymous said...

One step closer to Soli coming home where she belongs, yay! Congrats for hitting the 5 pound mark too, way to grow!

katiesmomma said...

whoohoo 5lbs! Yeah colton was ready for his nippling way before they started him. they waited till 33.5 weeks and he was ready at 32. Im proud of Soli. Thats weird the hosp acts like she is theirs. mine always had baby morris with my name on his everything and never acted like yours im sorry

Amy said...

I am SOOO glad to hear that things are going so well. You'll be out of there in no time. I'll be praying!