Wednesday, May 21, 2008

For a Friend who just had a "differently-ABLED" child










The journey your family is starting on is one of many adventures.







I am not going to say it will be easy because it will not. I will not say that you will never wish things were "normal" just for one day, because you will. I will not say you will always have the strength because some days it is just gone. I will not say that you will never feel like giving up, because let's face it we all feel like that once in awhile.



As the Parent of a "differently-ABLED" child, there will be days you long for "normal", there will be days you wish you could go back to easier times, You will wish that people did not give you the looks of pity.
But what people do not know is that your job, as parents to a Special Needs child is one to envy, not pity. You are given unconditional love day in and day out by a child who knows no hatrid, or pity. All they know is love. And they give it whole heartedly.











Always remember that the days you think for a fraction of a second that you would like to give up or think to yourself "how am I going to do this?" does not make you weak. It does not make you a bad parent, it just makes you human.
















God gives special children to special people. I love my Children with all my heart but I will tell you that there have been times that I wish God didn't think I was so special.. And times when I think God made a mistake picking me.. But then I wake up to find a picture scribbled on my paycheck with lipstick (try explaining that one to the bank!) that simply says "thank you mommy" and I am glad I am so special!

1 comment:

sheree said...

that was beautiful dani!