Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm beginning to hate Holidays

Well, shortly after my last post Soli was rushed to Sutter via ambulance in respiratory distress. She turned blue and her O2 sates dropped to 61. I turned her O2 up to 2 Liters and she did not come up like she was supposed to. She was still blue so I called 911. The paramedic bumped her up to 2.5 L and got out the in-tubation supplies. Thank God she held her sats up long enough to get to the Hospital.
Once there she dropped again and she was given a breathing treatment. I was so relieved to look up and see Margie standing in tha hallway. I never wanted to hug someone more! She came in and they tried to get an IV and even Margie tried but the equipment in the ER is not set for a Preemie. Soli's Sats improved and Margie had to go give report but she said she would send someone down from the NICU to get an IV in her. After the ER nurses tried 5 more times and then the Nurse from NICU came down and after her 2nd try got a line in her foot. Poor baby was so out of it she did not even cry until the last stick.
So now it is 11:44pm and we are still waiting for a room in the PICU. I am beyond exhausted.

I will keep you all updated.. Please pray she is ok and we don't have to stay here long..

7 comments:

aka Brooke said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! I will pray for you both as I head off to bed... I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like.

Giana said...

I hope things get better! Praying for you guys!

Out of the Box into the Kitchen said...

hugs and prayers sent for soli!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers to you and Soli. I feel like a bad DDB, I've been so busy with my own newborn that I haven't checked in for awhile. Thinking of you guys.
~Sandra

katiesmomma said...

poor soli! i hope they get some anwsers soon!

Lowcountry Mom said...

(((((hugs))))) as well as thoughts and prayers from South Carolina for Soli.

Jenn said...

I hope Soli gets better real soon and can come home healthy. I will continue to pray for her and you