Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Pea is 9lbs 4ozs! And out of Surgery!

The Board I watched for an hour and a half, telling us Peanut is out of surgery and in PACU.
We stayed in recovery for about an hour and a half and got Angel some pain meds and then went up to our room on the 6th floor. Now she is restless but seems to be doing good.
Her heart rate is up a bit, respirations are a bit fast and her O2 sats are hovering in the low 90's but so far so good. I held it together pretty good until I got the call that surgery was over and she was going to recovery and then I realized I had spent the previous hour and a half barley breathing. For all those interested here is what her tummy looks like right now:



In about 6 weeks the tube will be removed and replaced with a Mic-Key button. Ok well she just got some more pain meds so I am going to rest for a bit. Getting up every 2 hours all night last night was not conducive to a good night's rest for mommy..

7 comments:

Denise said...

I'm so glad everything went as expected. I'll pray she has a fast recovery with no set backs.

Jennifer said...

Glad it's done! We had our visit with GI today and talk of the tube.... Not what I want but I will accept it when/if it comes.

2blessed2stress said...

She looks great! Get some rest momma!

Anonymous said...

Thank you God for guiding the surgeons hands and having her angels watch over her. I loveyou both, Dani. kiss her for me. Mom and grandma.

twondra said...

Here from Tiff's bean fund blog. So glad things went well. You're in my prayers!

katiesmomma said...

i am glad she is okay and out of surgery!

JD said...

How is she doing now?