Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 9 of 31 for 21 - Stress

I slept alone for the first time in a long time last night.

Today was a busy day. Got the kids up and 5 off to school and the other 3 ready for church. We went and Boo'd the kids classrooms at 2 different schools and drove through the drive thru at McDonald's to grab something for the little ones to eat. Caden proceeded to have a meltdown because there was no superman toy in his kids meal. Apparently Galt Mc D's has not gotten the new toys yet and this sent Caden into Meltdown central. Finally calmed him down and got to church. The ladies at MOMs are incredible.
The topic today was depression. I try to do everything. I do not like to show weakness. But everything is piling up on me right now and I need to find a way to get out from under the pile so I can breathe. I know I am told to take my worries to God and he will help but I am still finding it hard to totally trust in and rely on him right now. But then I wonder if I do not do it soon will I just get buried deeper?

I need to concentrate on fixing one thing at a time. I am going to start with the house. This is a major stresser in my life right now. I feel like I just cannot get ahead of the house. I know I need to make the kids do some picking up around here but I am just not up for the fight lately. I went to babies r us tonight to get a gate and I am going to start with the living room tomorrow. Make it safe for Corbin to crawl around in. I think that will help then I am going to work on one or two rooms a day and organize everything. Anyone wanna help?? LOL..

After that I'm not sure what the next task is. I guess I will just take it one day at a time and learn to trust in God and what he has planned for me. It will not be easy but I am going to try. I am also going to be a little easier on myself. I need to realize I am NOT Supermom and I cannot do everything. I am 31, pregnant and taking care of 8 children. If I get through the day with the house still standing and the kids all healthy and happy I should take pride in that and be proud that we all made it through another day.

I think one thing this blog is teaching me is that I need to take a few minutes each day for myself. I think If I take the time I will find myself and figure out who I am am who I am supposed to be and how to better myself. Well if you have made it through my Random Ramblings thanks. Until tomorrow....

No comments: